slider

Friday, March 14, 2008

My greatest fear!

If you would have asked me what my greatest fear was a few months ago (Love those surveys!), I would have told you, without hesitation, "The unknown future." Not knowing what my life holds, where I'm going to be a year from now, terrified me. But in a recent contemplation I found, that the future isn't really my greatest fear.

It's failing.

I hate failing, and a lot of times, that fear stops me from trying new things, because I don't want to fail at them. See, it's not the unknown future that terrifies me, but the fear that I'll fail at life. I know what your thinking. How do you fail at life? What I mean is, that I won't get to do all that I plan and hope to. My goals in life are a little old fashioned. All I want to do is get married to my best friend, be a help meet to my husband and have many many children. Funny goals huh? Lol. They may not mean much to you, but they're everything to me, and I fear that they'll never happen. I have a lot of good friends with similar goals, who aren't married yet, and I wonder what chance do I have when they're still "On the market." Lol.

I know I need to get over this fear. I fail miserably everyday, to be who I want to be, and act how I know I should. I'm only human right? Praise Yahweh that He doesn't judge us for our faults, failures and silly worries. All I need to fear is Him! It's comforting to know that He has my life all planned out for me.

8)

Yahweh bless!

1 comment:

Andrew R. M. Hanson said...

I like this writing! It's honest and contrite.