slider

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A walk in the park

Funny story. :P I was nannying today, and I had brought three of my siblings, Addie, Betsy, and Seth, with me to play with the kids. They play very well together. After an intense game of pounce, they wanted to go to the park. The park was only a mile or so down the road and the kids were eager to walk, so I thought, sure, work some walking in. There was a dificulty with finding shoes for everyone, but we finally set off. Halfway there, Micah got tired so I carried him the rest of the way. Meanwhile, the sky was getting darker ahead of us. We finally made it to the park, and I let the kids play for about twenty minutes before the rolling thunder got too loud. I knew it was going to start raining soon, so I told the kids to stay under the banshell at the park, while I walked back to get the car. Off I went, and half way back, it hit. The wind picked up strength, blowing from the north, and the rain poured down. It fell so hard it felt like hail against my skin. In the middle of the storm, I had time to see Yahweh's mighty power. I felt fear at the rolling thunder and the flashing lightning, and peace in praying to Him for trust. By the time I made it back to the house, I was soaked. I got in my car and drove back to the park, where the kids had been anxiously awaiting my return. Little Micah had been worried that I had been struck by lightning. We ran to the house on our return, and I started to heat up some water for hot tea, and I threw my clothes in the dryer. We were soon warm and happy again, sitting in the cozy living room, watching "The Little Rascals", and enjoying our tea.
Through it all, I had kept a cheerful outlook. Even though I had to walk back in the rain, and got soaked. Yay! A good day. Sort of. :P

Yahweh bless.

Picture 1: the kids hanging around.
Picture 2: Raining. It doesn't look that bad, but it was cold and hard!
Picture 3: A bedragled me. :P




Here's a quote I was e-mailed today that I really like.
Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

No comments: