slider

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Gospel gathering


The 10th annual gospel gathering was this last weekend down by Branson, MO. For the last two years, Dad, Mom, Jacob, Jedidiah and I have gone down, but this year the whole family went. It was quite a trip. We left at 2:00 in the morning on Thursday. We stopped at a friends house, the McDermots, on the way down, and had a good visit. They run a Christian magazine called SALT, and my parents met them at one of their conferences. They have been blessed with 12 children! Luke, Addie and I got to preform a couple of our songs for them. I didn't get any pictures though. We arrived at the camp about 7:00 P.M. and met up with the Coukes that night. The next day was filled with Music and speakers. At 4:30 P.M. I got uo and sang two songs; "I give praises to you" (a song that I wrote) and "Living prayer" by Alison Krauss. Then Luke and Addie accompanied my on their violins for "Nothing but the blood". Seth and Betsy then joined us on stage to sing "Jesus is the Rock". I then finished up by singing another song that I wrote that is yet untittled. It all went fairly well (I messed up a bit). I'm so proud of my siblings with how far they've come. We got to see lots of friends. The whole weekend was amazing. On Sunday night, the kids played musical chairs, and I never. I'll try to post some pictures. Yahweh Bless.



2 comments:

L. U. said...

Yeah, wasn't the weekend fun! You did great singing and playing, and I was very impressed by your siblings too!!! :D

A daughter of His said...

Thanks Lai. We're trying to catch up to you and the other family bands! Miss you.