slider

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial weekend

We had our annual Memorial weekend gathering this last weekend. Medal of Honor played in the morning, followed by a sermon from my dad, and then fellowship.


Here Doug is playing guitar for "This is my Fathers World".

Doug and Emily bought a sound system, and here, my brother Jacob is working on it.


My sister Emily on the mandolin





Doug on the fiddle.



My dad holding my youngest brother, Jedidiah.


Betsy on the tambourine.

Seth and Betsy singing "Jesus is the Rock".


My dad. His sermon was on Gods truth.


To keep Jed occupied, I would latch my hair clip in his hair. He thought it was hilarious.






Here, it's on his foot.



Tiffany E. and my Nephew, Christian.

The Ellingson girls and their dad singing acapella, by acapella.

My Cousin Louie and I.


My brother Seth with Hannah S. in the background.



Hannah S. with Elsa E.

Sarah S. playing violin. The Shultz clan privileged us with their musical talent.
Zach and Matthew S. The look alikes.

A picture my brother Luke took of me.

My dear friend Ashely E.


Jacob
Sarah.



Dave T. and Ethan E. performing.

Tired babies. Christian and Jed.
All the children from our gathering.

There always has to be a goofy one.

Our fire. My dad told me once how fire reminded him of Yah. Consuming, beautiful, frightful, ever moving.

Daniel S. holding Christian.


Mr. Dave T. holding a licorice container. My mom loves licorice, so she bought some special stuff, made in Holland. She failed to see that it was an extra salt package! It's really gross. So as a joke we handed out salty licorice at our gathering. Dave licked his piece with the tip of his tongue, and that was enough for him. During our push-up contest he said if someone put one of those licorice under his nose, he'd do a hundred. Well, three were placed under his nose while he was doing his push-ups. He said later that the three had sapped his strength. ;) Jacob won the push-up contest at 60 something. Yahweh bless.

1 comment:

Wren said...

looks like you guys had a great time ^^

i loved seeing all the pictures, especially the ones of Jed..hes so cute!