slider

Friday, October 17, 2008

A song from 7 brides for 7 brothers comes to mind...

Exciting news!!! Some of you knew this was coming, but for the rest of you…

Orion and I are officially courting! Here’s the story leading up to it.


Well he started pursuing me (lol, that sounds funny) back in May after our church group got together in Chetek, Wis. but it really wasn't official until recently.


After Chetek, he came to our place on Memorial weekend when we had our church group over at our house. I remember thinking “Hmm I wonder if he’s interested?” A girl can dream can’t she? It was a bit strange that he came all the way to our house for a little church get together.

I had first seen him at Chetek about three years ago, and I thought “Hmm, who is that?” I had first met his sister Lauren back then, but I never really talked to him. I remember Lauren introducing us, but I had to leave to go do something right away, so I said “Hello”, and then turned around and left. The more I think about it now, the more I think it must have looked like I was blowing him off. :P


Then, Jake, Luke and I went to a Wis. HSA gathering where we stayed at Tricia’s for the weekend. The Shultz family was organizing the event. The Charneski’s, Orion and Lauren and a few more friends came, so we had a day of volley ball, dancing, good food, cards, and visiting. Fun times! That was also the day that it stormed really bad and we actually saw funnel clouds on the horizon.


Then Lauren invited us over for the fourth of July, so Jake and I went. Lauren and I were good friends at this point, but I was still wondered about Orion a little. We camped out at his folks place the 3rd and 4th, and then we (Lauren, Orion, Jake and I) went to Tricia's right from there for a weekend visit (that was a long weekend!). So more volley ball, dancing, and visiting on the rock. ;)


Orion called after that weekend, just to see how our trip was home, and we small talked for a while. Then, he called again. The next time he called, dad talked to him and asked what his intentions were. *Gasp* Lol. I love my dad!


Then, Orion came down for our county fair in August, for the weekend (Fri-Sat), and dad talked to him more.


Dad also gave Orion limited calling time, until we got to know him better.


While I was at the state fair (for the two weeks for 4-H arts-in), Orion came up with my family to the state fair on a Sunday. We (Luke, Jake, Orion, my cousin Malachi and I) walked the expanse of the fairgrounds, and even rode on the river raft ride twice. The first time I was wearing Khaki pants that apparently become see through when they get wet. So I had to retreat to the 4-H building to change my clothes before we went on the ride for a 2nd time. 8) Argg! That was embarrassing!


There was a 2nd Wis. HSA gathering in Mosinee Wis. right by where Orion lives. Luke, Jake and I stayed at our friends the Charneski’s overnight and camped out in tents. So we played volleyball and danced (we don’t do much else… :P) at the park on Saturday. Then on Sunday we played volleyball danced and went out to lunch on Sunday afternoon. More fun times!!!

On one of our phone conversations, Orion asked me to do this little test where you have five animals, and you put them in order from your most favorite to your least favorite. Well I failed, miserably. See each animal represents something, supposedly in the order of things most important to the least important, to you. My order turned out to be money, pride, (there was one more in here but I can't remember what it was) family, and then love. Argg! So I was like, “Great! I guess I know what my true standards are!” It was just a silly test… But I guess Orion felt bad, because a few days later I got home from a day of nannying and when I went up to my bedroom there were the paparazzi waiting for me. Camera’s flashing and videotaping. I was really confused as to why my siblings were in my room taking pictures of me? Really! My family can be so embarrasing sometimes! When my head finally cleared from all the flashes, I spotted them. A beautiful vase of flowers. The flowers were sent by an 'Anonomys Sender'. Seriously. That's what the card said... Lol. You'd think the flower shop would have known how to spell it. :P That was realy sweet of Orion though!



On the first weekend of October we had another church gathering at our house. Some friends of ours, the McDermotts came up all the way from Missouri. Orion was able to come on Friday night and stay until Sunday afternoon. We danced some more and played more volleyball. That’s not the only thing we do, I promise, but it’s a tradition I guess. It just wouldn’t be the same to get together and not dance or play volleyball.
On Saturday night, Orion, Luke, Sarah S., Matt S. and I took a late night run to Wal-Mart. I must say, going to Wal-Mart late at night is quite entertaining! You have to do it with the right people though. :P Then when we got back, Matt S., Sarah S., Tyler E., Zachary E., Orion and I sat out in my secret place (Shhh, it’s a secret!) and talked a bit about religion. :P Oh yah! :D


This is about the point when dad gave Orion permission to call and talk more often. As Orion calls it, he was moved up to the unlimited plan. :P


And then Illinois was this last weekend. Orion didn’t think he could make it, but it turned out that he could! He drove in around 1 a.m. on Saturday morning. Luke, Morgan H. and I had stayed up until he got there, even though curfew was 11 p.m Shhh! We had left little clues for him on white napkins duct taped to the ground, with arrows pointing to the boy’s dorm (he’d never been to the Illinois conference before). The Illinois conference schedule was really packed, so we didn’t get a lot of time to fellowship. So on Saturday night, Sarah C., Orion and I stayed out late talking, until 2 in the morning. Shhh! We had my parents’ permission. :P So, Orion had to leave right after the conference had officially ended on Sunday. :(

Anyway, these are the events leading up to now. We would appreciate prayers, that we guard our hearts and keep our minds open. We are striving to see if this is Yahweh’s will.


And for those of you who don’t know what I am tlaking about, here’s a short definition of courtship: Courting is like dating, but usually with chaperones. It’s ‘dating’ with the ending outcome of marriage (if that is Yahweh’s will), not just fun for now, like modern dating.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, somehow I missed a bunch of these posts. I'm really happy for you, Molly. You're in my prayers! Love you.

P.S. Yay! I can leave comments now! :D

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I know I'm way late, but congrats! Blessings and wisdom on you both and your families. :D