slider

Thursday, October 16, 2008

In which friends visit, we attend a rendezvous and a wedding at whom we know no one...

We had another gathering at our house consisting of our church group on the first weekend of October. The McDermotts (Authors of SALT magazine) came all the way from Missouri and they spoke on Friday night to some local homeschoolers, and then again on Sunday after the service. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Well, on Sat. we (the McDermotts, Shultz, Orion, the Ellingson kids, and us, I think that's everyone...) went to our local rendezvous. It was a lot of fun, but I didn't get any photos! :( I kicked myself for that later. I had left my camera in Orion's car. Anyway, right after we walked through the gates we were pulled into a teaching of an old fashioned dance. It was entertaining, but very simple compared to postles. :P We then split up and started to wander around the park. We found the licorice stand that I have to go to every time we attend the rendezvous, and I bought 5 dollars worth! The blue is the best! Jake and Orion helped me eat it all by the time we left. David and Orion both found throwing knifes to buy. I tried throwing a tomahawk, but the first time I threw it too high, and the second time I threw it too low. :P I did have some success with Orion's knife though. Unfortunately we had to leave early, because I had been asked to sing at a wedding on Sat. afternoon.

I had met the bride and groom for the first time at the wedding rehearsal! I didn't know anyone but the brides grandparents!!! Well, it was a good experience. Orion volunteered to brave out the awkwardness with me. I sang "When you say nothing at all" and then "They prayed" during the lighting of the unity candle.

Me singing at wedding



After the wedding ceremony ended, we went home to supper and then a dance!!! We had a few other local friends over in addition to all the people we already had here.

Tyler and Luke being themselves. That blue bottle was bought at the rendezvous full of root beer. I wish I had bought one, just for the cool bottle!




Kathleen M. and Elizabeth S.




Josh and Daniel Shultz




Red was waving his sword at me, and this is what I got...



Saturday night we had about 50 people sleeping over. It was a tight squeeze but we managed to fit everyone between the upstairs, living room, basement, and barn.:P

On Sunday morning, the rest of our church group came, and we had a little service. 'Medal of honor' got to perform, and we introduced a few new songs. It's always great to be able to play with the band. The rest of the day consisted of volleyball, food, and fellowship.

Sarah and I. I <3 you!!!



And that's all folks! I am sorry that I didn't get anymore pictures! :(

Yahweh bless!

No comments: